by D.J. Van Oss
About D.J. Van Oss
Facts about D.J. Van Oss
- I played keyboards at a World Series MVP’s wedding.
- I once owned a 1939 Chevy. (I like old cars.)
- I also design book covers at www.covermint.design.
- I recorded a CD of piano solos called “Bedtime Piano”.
- Growing up I had pet hermit crabs, gerbils, and newts, all of which got out of their cages.
- I’ve lived in all three cities that have a “Tulip Time”. (Pella, IA, Holland, MI, Orange City, IA.)
Why He Writes What He Does
I’ve always loved old romantic comedy movies with Cary Grant, Myrna Loy and the like. The comic timing was perfect, the scenes a little crazy but so well put together, and all without having to go beyond a G rating. I feel there is still a desire for those kinds of quality but clean stories, so that’s what I try to write.
Favorite Book or Character?
It’s always the latest book, isn’t it? ? But I do feel that Write By Your Side flowed the best for me, probably because it features two writers and is set in the fictional Iowa town of Golden Grove. Lot’s of chances for small town flavor.
I have read everything that D.J. Van Oss has published so far. His books are consistently very good with a sense of fun and humor sprinkled in (as you can tell from reading what he has in his bio). I can strongly recommend that you give his books a read.