Thank you for visiting Among The Reads! I hope my reviews and other content are a blessings to you. According to the Fair Trade Commission I am supposed to provide this information, so here it is.
An affiliate link simply means I have a relationship with the seller and if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through to that seller, I will earn a small commission (and when I say small, it really is tiny!) There is no extra cost to you but every little bit helps and allows me to continue running this blog.
Among the Reads participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Barnes and Noble,affiliate program, the Book Depository affiliate program, and various other advertiser’s programs. An affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by displaying advertising and linking to retail sites. While I often provide links to books as part of my reviews, author spotlights, and deal alert posts, I will not recommend that you purchase a book or other product just so I can get a percentage back. If I am not wild about a book, you will see that in the review. In deal alert posts, I only share books I have read, books I want to read, books that I have not read, but have read others by the same author, or books that have been highly recommended by trusted friends. If I have not read a book, I will be sure to make note of that for you. You are always free to decide which books you purchase (if any) and from where you purchase them.
Other links (Goodreads, other retailers, authors, publishers, publicists, etc.) are not affiliate links and will generate no income for me.
If you sign up for my newsletter,
Disclosure of Materials Connection – i.e. Free Books I receive
I request and receive complimentary books (ebooks, paperbacks, Advance Reader Copies – ARCs) from publishers, authors, and/or publicity groups. Which is a great way to get books to review. Regardless of how I obtain each title, I will provide my own honest opinion and I am not in any way required to present positive reviews, nor any review. If I was required to do so, I would not participate in the program. In each review, I will indicate the source if the book is a complimentary copy. Otherwise, it is from my personal collection or borrowed from Kindle Unlimited, the library, etc.
I do not receive any type of payment for giving reviews. (Wouldn’t it be nice to be paid to read books!)
All written and photographic content on AmongTheReads.net (with the exception of content directly from the publisher or author) is the property of Among the Reads and may not be copied or reproduced in any fashion. The only exception is sharing the entire blog post via social media and/or quoting portions of the post when it is shared. If you share the post or quotes, please cite my blog as the source. (Authors may freely use the graphics quotes I create for their books, but I retain the rights to those graphics.)
Other than images created by Among the Reads, all other images on this blog are the property of their respective owners. All possible effort has been made to give a source credit to images when applicable, but regardless Among the Reads claims no credit for any image on this site other than those created by me as already indicated. If there is an image belonging to you that appears on this website and you would like it removed, please contact me at phyllis (at) amongTheReads (dot) net with a link to the image and I will promptly do so.
1. Log Files
We use log files like many other websites. The information in the log files include:
- Internet Protocol addresses (IP)
- Types of browser
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Date and time stamp
- Referring and exit pages
- Number of clicks
None of this information is linked to anything that is personally identifiable.
If you wish to disable cookies you may do so through your web browser options. Instructions for doing so and for other cookie-related management can be found on the specific web browsers’ websites.
Amazon Affiliates Cookie
Users might be given the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter by providing name and email address to receive communication from Among the Reads. We use a secure op-in subscription system and we reserve the right to contact subscribers with information related to this website and blog. Subscribers may unsubscribe anytime and every email delivered will contain an “Unsubscribe” link.
Last Updated: May 20, 2018
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Each giveaway is open only to those who enter through the Rafflecopter or PromoSimple or Gleam form (whichever form is used for that particular giveaway and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The giveaway is open to U.S. only unless otherwise indicated and is void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Giveaway Period: Unless otherwise stated, a giveaway’s entry period is one week. Entries will be accepted on the day the contest begins until the Rafflecopter/PromoSimple/Gleam form closes to entries, usually at midnight one week later (Pacific Time).
- Prizes: Winners will receive the prize or prizes as stated on the blog. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
- Winner Selection & Notification: Winners of each giveaway will be selected in a random drawing through Rafflecopter (or PromoSimple or Gleam). The winner or winners will be notified by email as soon as possible after the giveaway ends. The winner will have 48 hours to notify the sponsor and supply requested information for delivery. Among the Reads or its sponsors shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to check email, receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Among the Reads and its sponsors for liability, mail loss, illness, injury, death, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof.