“Our testimonies are meant to be shared with others. So many of us are scared to reveal too much because we fear the judgment of others. While it’s true a few people may judge you, many more people need to know what God has done in you and for you. We need to hear the word of your testimony. Your story is powerful because it’s honest. It’s real life. And through the power of the blood of the Lamb, we don’t have to be ashamed. You are not a prisoner of your past, you are no longer the villain, and you are not your failure.”Jonathan Tony – Almost Already
Though my blog is not just about Christian authors and books, I love the Lord and desire to honor Him with my blog. I found that I was hesitating to blog about books that don’t have a strong Christian message on Sundays and realized that I really desire to make Sundays on my blog holy to the Lord. And so the Songs of Salvation began.
If you are a born-again Christian author, regardless of whether your books have a Christian theme or message, then I invite you to share your Song of Salvation. It is not even necessary that I have read or reviewed any of your books. . .
While the testimony of how the Lord brought you from darkness into the light is wonderful, our testimony is not only about how we came to salvation but is also about how the Lord is working in our lives today. Author Angela Ruth Strong did a beautiful job of making her testimony a song of praise to the Lord.
Here are my guidelines for the post:
- Please be sure to pray for guidance on what to share
- It must be glorifying to God and not self-promoting (if you want to have the opportunity for a promotion of your work, see this page for ideas on how we can do that)
- Mentioning the name of Jesus and using Scripture verses is encouraged
- Sharing the message of salvation is optional, but welcome
- There are many online resources about sharing your testimony. A simple search for “sharing your testimony” can give you some ideas and how-tos if you need help.
If you are interested in participating, please contact me at phyllis@amongTheReads.net. Or simply send me your submission and I will post it on the next available Sunday.
Thank you for praying about participating in this ministry. I’m eagerly anticipating hearing your Song of Salvation!