Series: Rodeo Romance #7
Publication Date November 7, 2019
Genres: Christmas, Clean Romance, Western
Setting: Oregon, Nevada Contemporary
Main Character Ages: 25-34
Written for: Adults
A promise made is a promise he’ll keep.
Even if it costs him the woman he loves. . .
Professional bareback rider Gage Taggart can almost taste the world championship title he’s spent all year pursuing. When an unexpected injury sidelines him, he heads to his best friend Trevor’s home to recuperate. Little by little, he finds himself completely smitten with Trevor’s beautiful sister. But he’s up against a formidable opponent: brotherly concern. Reluctantly, Gage vows to leave Tally alone to keep from breaking her heart when he heads back out on the road.
Tally King thrives on her work as a nurse, until she ends up caring for her injured brother and his best friend on the family ranch. Between the two stubborn men determined to prove how tough they and the unpredictable antics of her loony aunt Marvella, Tally feels like her life is spiraling out of control. Or maybe it’s due to falling head over heels in love with Gage despite concerns he’ll leave her heart in broken pieces.
An uplifting, sweet romance full of humor and hope, Keeping Christmas follows an unlikely couple as they discover the magic of Christmas and the wonder of true love.
˃˃˃ Don't miss out on the Rodeo Romance Series!
* The Christmas Cowboy (Book 1) - Tate Morgan can ride the toughest bronc on the circuit, but trying to handle Kenzie Beckett is a completely different story.
* Wrestlin' Christmas (Book 2) - Shanghaied by his sister and best friend, Cort McGraw finds himself on a run-down ranch with a worrisome, albeit gorgeous widow, and her silent, solemn son.
* Capturing Christmas (Book 3) - The last thing Kash Kressley needs is the entanglement of a sweet romance, especially with a woman as full of fire and sass as Celia McGraw.
* Barreling Through Christmas (Book 4) - Cooper James might be a lot of things, but beefcake model wasn’t something he intended to add to his resume.
* Chasing Christmas (Book 5) - Dragged into a crazy publicity scheme, bull rider Chase Jarrett has no idea how he ended up with an accidental bride.
* Racing Christmas (Book 6) - Brylee Barton is racing to save her family’s ranch. Shaun Price is struggling to win her heart. . . again.
* Keeping Christmas (Book 7) - A promise made is one Gage Taggart will never break, even if it costs him the woman he loves.
Scroll up and order your copy today!
I received a complimentary copy of this book. This gift did not influence my opinion or review.
Also in this series: Racing Christmas
Shanna Hatfield has written a fun romance, filled with the flavors of the West.
As a fan of the “brother’s best friend” stories, I was excited to see the author had chosen to use this in Keeping Christmas.
Trevor, in perfect big brother fashion, didn’t trust his best friend, Gabe, to not break his sister’s heart. So he made him promise to leave her alone. Yeah right. Poor Gabe didn’t realize what a challenge he had before him to not fall in love with the kind and beautiful, yet insecure, Tally. Their burgeoning romance was unexpected by both of them.
Aunt Mavie was such a fun character and added an element of humor that helped round out the story. The great love Trevor, Tally, and Gabe had for her and the kindness they showed her continually was quite touching.
I enjoyed seeing characters from other Rodeo Romance stories make appearances here. And I especially appreciated the way the author didn’t try to re-tell their stories. As with other secondary characters, if you knew their backstories, the knowing enhanced this book but if not, it didn’t detract from it.
The Rodeo Romance series tends to have a little more emphasis on physical attraction than other series written by Shanna Hatfield and has more intense kissing. Fret not! They remain clean, appropriate, and enjoyable.
If you enjoy cowboys, big brothers, romance and Christmas, give Keeping Christmas a try!
Shanna's Keeping Christmas Pinterest Board(click here to go directly to the board on Pinterest)